Sushi Making Class
Join our sushi making class with Sushi Made Simple cookbook author, Atsuko! Firstly you will make the proper sushi rice, then making your own sushi i!
Join our most popular hands-on practical sushi making class in safety with Sushi Made Simple cookbook author, Atsuko!
Japanese chef Atsuko will guide you through the art of the sushi making process, combining traditional techniques and new approaches.
First of all, you will learn how to cook classic sushi rice. Then make a variety of sushi including maki and some kinds of nigiri. In addition, you will learn how to make the aburi sushi which will take your sushi adventure to another level!
We always provide fine quality ingredients and a glass of Junmai sake at the end of the class to celebrate your accomplishments!
Atsuko’s signed cookbook “Sushi Made Simple” will be available to purchase in this class.
- Classic white sushi rice (using premium “koshihikari” rice from Japan)
- Knife skills – How to slice fish fillet for sashimi and sushi
- Hoso maki (classic rolled sushi with using a bamboo mat with favourite fillings)
- Ura maki (inside out roll sushi with spicy tuna and avocado with fried shallots)
- Temaki (ice cream cone shaped sushi roll with favourite fillings)
- Nigiri sushi (oval shaped sushi rice with salmon, sea bass with toppings)
- Aburi sushi (blow torched fatty salmon nigiri)
You will also learn how to source the fish fillet for your sushi. Also the tips to making some rolls suitable for your sushi party! There will be the alternatives for vegans or vegetarians. Please let us know your dietary requirements in advance.
Atsuko’s cookbook “Sushi Made Simple” is available to purchase online or at the class if you wish.