Bento Cooking Class
A hands-on cooking class, making your own bento filled with onigiri and 5 quick delicious dishes in a lovely bento box from Japan!
A bento favourite! – learn how to make the everyday bento, a Japanese lunch box – with Atsuko’s Japanese Kitchen cookbook author Atsuko
Bentō boxes are served everywhere in Japan – work places, schools, department stores, and even on the trains. These tasty Japanese lunch boxes have been enjoyed for over 800 years!
A hands-on practical cooking class, making your own authentic Japanese bento filled with onigiri and 5 quick dishes. Firstly, you will learn the simple secrets of Japanese cuisine based on the magic “rule of 5”, how to plan and eat a bento the Japanese way. Then followed by cooking session to create a variety of dishes including karaage chicken, tamago yaki, saikyoyaki salmon, etc.. These are suitable for cooking in a busy morning as many Japanese people make their own bento every day. However, you will learn the hints of making typical dishes suitable for your bento.
We will provide you a lovely re-useable bento box from Japan! It comes in two-tier bento box with a lid. When empty, the base fits inside the main body of the box for more compact storage. Clever!
- Umesu zuke (ume pickled red radish)
- Miso marinaded salmon(grilled marinated salmon/fried tofu(V), grilled with sesame seeds)
- Kara age chicken/tofu(V) (deep fried marinated in soy sauce, mirin, ginger and garlic)
- Tamago yaki (egg roll with spring onion)
- Yaki bitashi (grilled seasonal vegetables with wasabi and soy dressing)
- Rice ball with favourite condiments
- Miso ball (quick instant homemade miso soup)
Use the form below to book your place or contact us to pay by bank transfer
This class is non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled after purchase.
Cancellation policy →
To voucher holders.
If you hold multiple vouchers for single classes please book one class at the time.
This event is fully booked.