Beginners Japanese Cuisine
Join our one day Japanese cookery class based on Atsuko’s new cookbook ‘Atsuko’s Japanese Kitchen’.
Join our one day Japanese cookery class based on Atsuko’s new cookbook ‘Atsuko’s Japanese Kitchen’. With over 10 years of teaching experience, Atsuko takes you on a journey to the truth of Japanese cuisine.
This class is all about celebrating Japanese everyday cooking. You will learn how to prepare the very best home-cooked comfort food recipes from Atsuko’s cookbooks. Atsuko will teach you the simple secrets of Japanese cuisine based on the magic “rule of 5”, how to plan and eat a meal the Japanese way and the essential ingredients and tools you will need to get started. Atsuko will give you plenty of cooking tips throughout the class to help you understand the concept behind Japanese food.
Expect an intensive day as most of popular Japanese dishes will be covered in this class. However you will gain the confidence to cook a full Japanese meal to impress your friends and family!
Designed as a full day interactive, and hands-on cooking class with an enhanced set of hygiene and safety measures that meet Government guidelines (i.e. a maximum 5 attendees per class). Please read our Covid19 policy and our T&Cs for more information). You will all cook individually with Atsuko and enjoy tasting the fruits of your labour with a sit down (or take away) meal in an informal atmosphere.
- Dashi – making Japanese dashi stock from kombu and katsuobushi
- Sticky rice (premium white Japanese rice)
- Onigiri rice ball with condiments
- Dashimaki tamago (juicy egg roll with daikon)
- Nikujaga (traditional Japanese beef and potato stew with shirataki noodles)
- Akadashi soup (red miso soup with seasonal vegetables)
- Wakame & cucumber salad with creamy sesame dressing
- Tori no lime teriyaki (chicken teriyaki with lime) with yuzu kosho
- Kushi katsu (deep fried crispy skewered panko coated ingredients)
- Goma ae (green beans with black/white sesame seeds sauce)
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements in advance so we can prepare alternatives.
The class includes beverage throughout the day, a sit down (or take away) meal and a signed cookbook “Atsuko’s Japanese Kitchen” to take home with you!