Sushi Making Class
Join our hands-on practical sushi making class with Sushi Made Simple cookbook author, Atsuko! Firstly you will make the proper sushi rice, then making your own variety of sushi!
Join our most popular hands-on practical sushi making class with Sushi Made Simple cookbook author, Atsuko!
Atsuko will guide you through the art of the sushi making process, step-by-step, combining traditional techniques and new approaches. First of all you will learn how to cook classic premium white sushi rice, then make a variety of sushi including maki (hosomaki, California roll and temaki hand roll), and some kinds of nigiri. We have included aburi (blow torched) sushi which will take your sushi adventure to another level!
We always provide fine quality ingredients and a glass of Junmai sake at the end of the class to celebrate your accomplishments!
- Classic white sushi rice (using premium “koshihikari” rice from Japan)
- Knife skills – How to slice fish fillet for sashimi and sushi
- Hoso maki (classic rolled sushi with using a bamboo mat with favourite fillings)
- Ura maki (inside out roll sushi with spicy tuna and avocado with fried shallots)
- Temaki (ice cream cone shaped sushi roll with favourite fillings such as raw salmon with avocado)
- Nigiri sushi (oval shaped sushi rice with salmon, sea bass with toppings)
- Aburi sushi (blow torched fatty salmon nigiri)
You will also learn how to source the fish fillet for your sushi and the tips to making some rolls suitable for your sushi party! There will be the alternatives for vegans or vegetarians. Please let us know your dietary requirements in advance.
Atsuko’s cookbook “Sushi Made Simple” is available to purchase online or at the class if you wish. Although it is not required to attend the class, it contains truly valuable information which would certainly make you even more eager to attend this session!
Use the form below to book your place or contact us to pay by bank transfer
This class is non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled after purchase.
Cancellation policy →
To voucher holders.
If you hold multiple vouchers for single classes please book one class at the time.