Protein Rich Tofu Cooking Class
A hands-on & practical tofu cooking class: not just for vegans/vegetarians but for people interested in their general well-being.
You will first be introduced to the many types of tofu products. You will then learn how to cook them in 6 delicious recipes and make a dessert tofu!
Tofu is a staple of Japanese cuisine, eaten by millions everyday. Many types of tofu are regularly used in Japanese cooking. Tofu is not only eaten as it is but also it is fantastic to cook with because it is a super-versatile ingredient with several different firmness options. All made from the same simple ingredients: soy beans, nigari (a coagulant) and water. The most important thing to know about tofu is that it is a great source of protein, calcium and low in calories! In this special class, you’ll be introduced to a range of Japanese ingredients, a variety of tofus, and learn how to cook delicious tofu recipes!
- Introduction to a variety of tofu (silken, firm, fried, freeze-dried)
- How to make vegetarian dashi stock (kombu and shiitake)
- Agedashi tofu (deep fried silky tofu in vegetarian broth)
- Ganmodoki (fried tofu balls with daikon radish and ginger dipping sauce)
- Karaage tofu (crispy marinated tofu)
- Silky Tofu with La-yu (spicy chilli sesame dressing)
- Chinese cabbage roll stuffed with tofu paste and vegetables served with ankake sauce
- Soy milk panna cotta with berry sauce
We start by introducing the ingredients, follow by the cooking session, and finally eat what we just made!
We use fresh organic tofu which made by Clean Bean Tofu, and organic silky tofu from Clearspring.
Use the form below to book your place or contact us to pay by bank transfer
This class is non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled after purchase.
Cancellation policy →
To voucher holders.
If you hold multiple vouchers for single classes please book one class at the time.