Online Sushi Making Class
Join our brand new online sushi making class with Sushi Made Simple cookbook author, Atsuko! Firstly you will make the proper sushi rice, then making your own sushi and sashimi!
£45.00 - £95.00
Informative and live-streamed to a limited number of guests, this class will provide you with plenty of time to interact with our Japanese chef Atsuko who will be very glad to answer all your questions and who will make you feel confident to take your sushi adventure to another level. This class is a great option for a gift, purchase our vouchers and surprise your loved one!
- Classic white sushi rice
- Knife skills – how to slice fish fillets for sashimi, nigiri sushi and maki sushi.
- Hoso maki (classic rolled sushi with favourite fillings using a bamboo mat)
- Ura maki (inside-out rolled sushi with spicy raw tuna and avocado)
- Temaki (ice cream cone shaped sushi roll with favourite fillings such as raw salmon with avocado)
- Nigiri (oval-shaped sushi with favourite toppings)
- Fish buying skills – how to source the fish fillet for your sushi
- Sushi variations – make sushi rolls suitable for your guests dietary requirements!
*There will be alternatives for vegans or vegetarians. Please ask us for more details.
Save time and get a 15% discount on your shopping by purchasing the online course AND the necessary “Premium sushi kit” with us. Please give us 5 working days to post the goods.
Please note the “Premium sushi kit” does not include fresh produce. You will be required to buy fresh ingredients separately, in stores or online (estimated purchase: £26 – £55).
What’s included in our premium sushi kit:
- Toyama Koshihikari Rice (Premium Japanese rice grown in Japan) 1KG
- Roasted White Sesame Seeds 100g
- Roasted Black Sesame Seeds 100g
- Nori Seaweed Gold Full Size 10pc
- Wasabi paste 43g
- Yutaka 100% Natural Sushi Ginger 120g
- Mizkan Sushi Vinegar 300ml
- Yamasa Dark Soy Sauce 500ml / Clearspring organic Yaemon Tamari soy sauce 150ml (GF)
- Sushi Rolling Mat
- Atsuko’s signed cookbook Sushi Made Simple
We advise to book your online class one week in advance to allow yourself enough time to buy all the ingredients and have them delivered to your door.
Further details with regards to how and where to shop will be provided via email upon booking.
After you have booked
You will receive an email detailing all the necessary ingredients and equipment (i.e. a sushi mat), as well as recipes and a preparation note prior to the class. You will be provided with links where you can easily shop for everything online (even sushi grade fish) if you wish to do so and a grocery guide.
Prior to your online class
Please prepare your ingredients as per preparation note sent to you just after you booked your class with us.
During your online class
The class will start with an introduction to the different varieties of sushi, followed by the cooking session and then a delicious feast to reap the rewards of your own labour!
Firstly, you will learn how to make classic white sushi rice and slice your fish, you will then proceed to making your own selections of sushi with your favourite fillings such as salmon sashimi with avocado, spicy tuna with avocado roll, and nigiri! In this session you will discover both classic and modern style sushi.
Atsuko’s cookbook “Sushi Made Simple” is available to purchase online if you wish. Although it is not required to attend the class, it contains truly valuable information which would certainly make you even more eager to attend this session!
Use the form below to book your place and pay using PayPal or contact us to pay by bank transfer
To voucher holders.
If you hold multiple vouchers for single classes please book one class at the time.