Japanese Street Food Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki Class
Learn how to make Japan’s most popular street foods Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki from scratch! This cooking class will include a special goody bag kindly provided by Otafuku sauce.
Okonomiyaki and takoyaki are probably the most famous Osakan street foods and they are extremely popular in festivals across Japan! In this class, you will learn how to make Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki , and also learn how to make homemade dashi stock to make an umami rich soup. We will start by introducing the ingredients, then have a cooking session, and finally we eat what we have made with a bottle of cold Japanese beer!
- Okonomiyaki (savoury pancake with favourite toppings, such as seafood, pork, Otafuku sauce and dancing bonito flakes)
- Takoyaki (fried round umami-rich batter stuffed with octopus, topped with Otaduku sauce and dancing bonito flakes) We will use takoyaki pans (see above picture) for each individual couple.
- Dashi – Japanese stock
- Miso and ginger soup
Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements in advance, so we can find alternative ingredients to suit your diet.
Great news! This special cooking class will include a goody bag kindly provided by Otafuku:
- Okonomiyaki/Takoyaki flour mix 180g
- Tenkasu (tempura flakes) 50g
- Okonomiyaki/Takoyaki sauce 500g
- Otafuku eco bag
Use the form below to book your place and pay using PayPal or contact us to pay by bank transfer
This class is non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled after purchase.
Cancellation policy →
To voucher holders.
If you hold multiple vouchers for single classes please book one class at the time.
This event is fully booked.