Bento Cooking Class
A hands-on cooking class, making your own bento filled with onigiri and 5 quick delicious dishes in a lovely bento box from Japan!
A bento favourite! – learn how to make the everyday bento, a Japanese lunch box – with Atsuko’s Japanese Kitchen cookbook author Atsuko
Bentō boxes are served everywhere in Japan – work places, schools, department stores, and even on the trains. These tasty Japanese lunch boxes have been enjoyed for over 800 years!
A hands-on practical cooking class, making your own authentic Japanese bento filled with onigiri and 5 quick dishes. Firstly, you will learn the simple secrets of Japanese cuisine based on the magic “rule of 5”, how to plan and eat a bento the Japanese way. Then followed by cooking session to create a variety of dishes including karaage chicken, tamago yaki, saikyoyaki salmon, etc.. These are suitable for cooking in a busy morning as many Japanese people make their own bento every day. However, you will learn the hints of making typical dishes suitable for your bento.
We will provide you a lovely re-useable bento box from Japan! It comes in two-tier bento box with a lid. When empty, the base fits inside the main body of the box for more compact storage. Clever!
- Umesu zuke (ume pickled red radish)
- Miso marinaded salmon(grilled marinated salmon/fried tofu(V), grilled with sesame seeds)
- Kara age chicken/tofu(V) (deep fried marinated in soy sauce, mirin, ginger and garlic)
- Tamago yaki (egg roll with spring onion)
- Yaki bitashi (grilled seasonal vegetables with wasabi and soy dressing)
- Rice ball with favourite condiments
- Miso ball (quick instant homemade miso soup)
Use the form below to book your place and pay using PayPal or contact us to pay by bank transfer
This class is non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled after purchase.
Cancellation policy →
To voucher holders.
If you hold multiple vouchers for single classes please book one class at the time.
This event is fully booked.